A year ago, I made this post in Instagram. But I haven’t made the tutorial yet. Today, I’m gonna make a very simple sustain pedal.
A sustain pedal is a needs for every pianist, just like we need rice.
In the video above, there is 2 sustain in one board. Today, I’m gonna make 1 sustain per board.
Tools needed :
- PCB Board
- Push Button, 2 pieces if possible
- Jack TRS 1/4 inch (to keyboard. Follow your own keyboard standard for sustain pedal.)
- Some cables
- Solder and lead
I arranged it 2 lined up, so the board is bigger like a real sustain.
Then I just connect all with lead. Here, the lead is not yet soldered correctly.
Make sure 2 of that connection doesn’t connect. After that, it would be good if we use cable insulation for the connector.
- This sustain is normally open. Used usually on KORG if I remember correctly. If you used it on Yamaha, it will be reversed. You can change it by pressing “Direct access” (near the LCD), then press your sustain, then reverse the polarity.
- This sustain doesn’t support half pedal. But then if you want half pedal, you should buy more expensive pedal and you won’t be here anyway.
- You can make this sustain normally closed, but you need to find correct push button.
- We don’t use resistor. The pedals that I have opened before don’t use resistor usually.
- Cara Membuat Sustain Keyboard Sendiri
- Membuat Pedal Sustain
- Cara Membuat Sustain Pedal
- Cara Membuat Sustain Keyboard
- Membuat Pedal Keyboard
- Cara Membuat Sustain Sendiri
- Cara Bikin Sustain
- Membuat Pedal Sustain Sendiri
- Cara Membuat Pedal Keyboard
- Cara Membuat Pedal Sustain